27 September 2010

Three Words: Human Hamster Ball

I had a GREAT weekend.  It began Thursday afternoon when I saw this after my last class:

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="448" caption="The timeless way to lure students to your event."]The timeless way to lure students to your event.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="448" caption="Human Hamster Balls!"]Human Hamster Balls![/caption]

Intrigued for obvious reasons, I wandered around to find out more information.  The University Program Board had arranged not only the human hamster balls, but also had provided free pizza and hot dogs, tie-dying, and make-your-own-frosted-cookies.  UPB organizes a lot of fun activities throughout the year, such as the Friday Night Filmworks.  After my delicious hot dog, I made my way back to the main attraction and found myself inside a clear, plastic beach ball.

After my frictionless adventure, I went to a Students for Justice in Palestine meeting.  SJP is a new organization on campus (actually, we're having our "coming out" meeting this Thursday at the Scramble Light!).  Despite the suggestive name, we focus on human rights issues in Israel and Palestine and try to stay out of political debates.  It's been a good time so far with information sharing and meeting new people with similar interests.  I'm sure I'll post more about the group in the future.

I went home Friday night to spend some time with my family and go shopping with my mom to find her a new dress.  Going home is usually a treat, but this year promises to be more fun than usual-- nearly all my high school friends have graduated and are living either near my hometown or in Chicago.  It's very convenient for visiting purposes.  Actually, I just learned that my two best friends will be sharing a house in Chicago with two of our other friends.  I'm incredibly jealous to say the least.  Muncie's a fun place, but my two best girlfriends are holding down a place in Chicago without me.  Grrrrrr.

I had a great time with my mom and dad when I was home.  One nice thing about getting older is that you get significantly closer with your parents (at least I am).  Then to finish up my weekend I visited my two cousins in Indianapolis.  They both have babies, so it was fun to hold them and catch up with my cousins.  My cousin Sarah is studying to be a beautician, and she trimmed up my bangs, which look fabulous (Sarah's so talented).

So yeah, great weekend.  Now I'm getting ready for a hectic week.  I have a Mitchell Scholarship deadline this week, and my studio is preparing for our field trip to Boston.  I ate some rancid veggies today and am experiencing a sore throat and achy stomach as a result, so I'm basically taking it easy today and working on my online classes until I feel less food poisoned.  In the meantime, I think it's raining again.  Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment