13 February 2010

Victor's House of Gyros and Pancakes. . . ooooooooooooooooh yeah!

So, I'm always looking for new places to go in Muncie for delicious food that's not very expensive.  My latest find?  Victor's House of Gyros and Pancakes.  It's exactly what it sounds like. 

My friend and I found it on our way to the newly-opened Little Caesar's Pizza on Tillotson Ave.  (Side note: Little Caesar's Hot-n-Ready $5 pizza=perfect match for college kids!)  Victor's is on the same road but on the east side.  Seeing a sign advertising gyros and pancakes, my friend and I quickly decided to eat there the next day.  And I'm so glad we did.

It seems like the place is relatively new in Muncie; according to this article the place just opened a month ago.  I give my props to the business genius who finally recognized that Muncie needed a gyro place (the next-nearest one is about 30 minutes away).  And this place is well worth it.

We were greeted by the friendliest people ever when we entered the restaurant, and the service went uphill from there.  Our waitress was very friendly and good at her job.  She was quick to bring us refills and clear plates, and was never over-bearing.  We both ordered the gyro platter, which consists of a heaping plate of lamb with cucumber sauce, tomatoes, olives, and onions, and your choice of three sides (I chose potato soup, rice, and green beans).  Seriously, I ate my fill and still had enough food left over for two more meals (my friend--ex-football player-- ate his fill and had enough for one more meal).  Each meal was about $9, which works out to about $3/meal for me since I got three meals from the deal.  And all the food was delicious.

My new favorite restaurant in Muncie?  It's Victor's House of Gyros and Pancakes!  Now I just need to go for breakfast and try out their pancakes!  :)

Now you have no excuse not to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment